17thchief

Sarting a new job can be hard, especially when you start out as the boss.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States

I just started a new job where I'm immediately everyone's boss. There's a lot of resentment in the air. It's kind of uncomfortable coming to work everyday. I wish Stevens would stop giving me dirty looks.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

A MUCH NEEDED DAY OFF

Thank you, Jews! You don’t even know how badly I needed this day off, today. After that grueling day at work yesterday, it was nice to have today off to decompress. I spent most of the day hanging out with the family and reviewing case law pertinent to the cases on tomorrow’s docket. I even got a chance to catch up on some television programs that I recently DVR’d. Jane’s always on me about watching the shows, as the memory’s nearly full. I got through the last two Survivor episodes, Joey, and Martha Stewart: The Apprentice. That’s three and a half hours of space now available; that should make Jane happy for now.

I got a phone call from President Bush. He wanted to know what I thought of his new Supreme Court nominee, Harriet Miers. I told him she would be a fine fit in the court, but in reality, I’m personally worried about her lack of experience. George seemed so happy; I didn’t want to burst his bubble. All else aside, it can only help me to have a new person on the court, as it would detract attention from me. With someone else to haze, maybe the other justices would leave me alone.

After dinner, Jack and I played an X-BOX game. We played a multi-player map, and I wasted him over and over. He was getting so mad; it was really funny. The phone rang, and I answered it. It was a gruff old voice on the other line that repeatedly said, “Don’t go back to work tomorrow, loser!” I heard laughter in the background, as if a group of people were listening in. Although the caller tried disguising his voice, I had an idea who it was. After he hung up, I looked at the caller ID. It said, “Stevens, John Paul.” How immature.

Before bed, Jane told me that if I want to get on the other justices’ good side, I should bring them all a treat. I’ll probably stop by Krispy Kreme on the way to work. No one can resist Krispy Kreme.

Until tomorrow,
John Roberts, #17

1 Comments:

Blogger John Roberts said...

EVEN THE CHIEF JUSTICE GETS SPAMMED, IT SEEMS.

DON'T MAKE ME TURN THE WORD VERIFICATION FEATURE ON, PUNK!

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home